INDUSTRIAL PROCESS CONTROL SYSTEM LABORATORY
This laboratory introduces the student to exposition on practical aspects of process control in industries through the lab demonstration and experimental setup on various topics as practiced in industries. Many of the experimental set ups are PC based industry oriented prototypes and have relevance to industrial applications. The exposure would give confidence to the students when they would handle such practices in industries. Practical demonstration of the theoretical concepts done in classrooms will enhance the understanding of the students. The experiments included in the curriculum cover majority of what is being taught in theory. Some additional value added experiments are also included in the end. The students are provided with a comprehensive Lab Manual, which is self explanatory. All the experiments are well documented with clear circuit diagrams, theory and procedures involved, so that the students are able to perform the experiments with ease and proper understanding.
LIST OF EXPERIMENTS
1. Study of Computer Simulation of Level Control.
2. Study of Computer Simulation of Level and Flow Control.
3. Study of Computer Simulation of Temperature and Pressure Control in Heat exchanger.
4. Study of PC based Real Time Level Control of Non-Coupled Tanks.
5. Study of PC based Real Time Level Control of Coupled Tanks.
6. Study of PC based Real Time Temperature Control of Water Heating Jacket.
7. Study of Manual level control in interacting and Non-interacting tank systems.
8. Study of PLC based Process control systems in a semi-automatic Bottling plant.
9. Study of PLC based Process control systems in a fully-automatic Bottling plant.
10. Study of Micro-processor based Electronic PId control systems with PC interfacing.
VALUE ADDED EXPERIMENTS
1. Study of Micro-processor based Stepper motor Control Systems.
2. Study of Micro-processor based interfacing systems for various process parameters.