FUZZY CONTROL SYSTEMS LABORATORY
Fuzzy Control Systems have been successfully applied in fields such as automatic control, data classification, decision analysis, expert systems, and computer vision. Because of its multidisciplinary nature, fuzzy inference systems are associated with a number of names, such as fuzzy-rule-based systems, fuzzy expert systems, fuzzy modeling, fuzzy associative memory, fuzzy logic controllers, and simply (and ambiguously) fuzzy systems.
This Laboratory Introduces Fuzzy Logic Toolbox™ software which is a collection of functions built on the MATLAB® technical computing environment. It provides tools for you to create and edit fuzzy inference systems within the framework of MATLAB. You can also integrate your fuzzy systems into simulations with Simulink® software. You can even build stand-alone C programs that call on fuzzy systems you build with MATLAB. This toolbox relies heavily on graphical user interface (GUI) tools to help you accomplish your work, although you can work entirely from the command line if you prefer.
LIST OF EXPERIMENTS
1. Design of Fuzzy Sets, Membership Functions and Logical Operations using MATLAB.
2. Design of If- then Rules and Fuzzy Inference Systems using MATLAB.
3. An Input-Output map for the tipping problem based upon quality of food and services.
4. Design of single level tank system using Fuzzy logic controller.
5. Design of Double level tank system using Fuzzy logic controller.
6. Speed control and Regulation for a DC Motor.
7. Design a system to control the speed of motor depending upon the temperature and humidity using MATLAB.
8. Speed and Steering Control System for an Autonomous Vehicle.
9. Study of Simulink using Fuzzy logic toolbox.
10. Simulating Water Level Controller.
VALUE ADDED EXPERIMENTS
1. Case Study-To handle Non-linear ties in a chemical plant.
2. Maintaining an unstable inverted pendulum.
3. Speed and steering control system for an autonomous system.