DATA COMMUNICATION LABORATORY
This laboratory helps students get familiar with various data communication trends, techniques and applications. Major areas are Digital modulation techniques, serial and parallel communication simulation, Protocol analysis and LAN Protocols. The laboratory enhances students learning through hands on experience of the concepts learnt through class room teaching. Some additional value added experiments are also included in the end, keeping in mind recent applications and research areas.
The laboratory is well equipped with Modulation and demodulation kits for digital communication, Data trainer kits interfaced with computers for serial and parallel communication and LAN Trainer as Major assets. Some measuring and other instruments include, Function Generators, Power Supplies and CRO’s, etc.
The students are provided with a comprehensive Lab Manual, which is almost self explanatory. All the experiments are well documented with clear block diagrams, theory and procedures involved, so that the students are able to perform the experiments with ease and proper understanding.
LIST OF EXPERIMENTS
1. To Study Q.P.S.K. Modulation and Demodulation.
2. To Study D.Q.P.S.K. Modulation and Demodulation.
3. To Study Q. A. M. and Demodulation.
4. To Study D. Q. A. M. and Demodulation.
5. To Study Serial Interface RS 232 & its Applications.
6. To Study Parallel Centronics Interface and its Applications.
7. To Implement the ALOHA Protocol for packet Communication between a number of nodes connected to a common bus.
8. To Implement the CSMA Protocol for packet Communication between a number of nodes connected to a common bus.
9. To implement a token passing access method for a Bus LAN.
10. To implement a token passing access method for a Ring LAN.
VALUE ADDED EXPERIMENTS
1. To Study U S Bus and its applications.
2. To Study S A T A Bus & its applications.
3. To Implement the CSMA / CD protocol for packet communication.