This Lab is specifically designed for PG students to get hands on practice sessions on Computer vision. The topics covered in this lab consist of the varoius algorithms that have uses ranging from simple image processing tasks like increasing the sharpness of the image to complex procedures like object detection and tracking. The platform used for such simulations and experiments are MATLAB and OpenCV. Following is the list of experiments which are performed in this lab course.
1. Introduction to MATLAB, Writing a basic code for Increasing image brightness, contrast and sharpness of an image.
2. Write a MATLAB code to create image histogram and then perform histogram equilization without using MATLAB function for the same.
3. Write a MATLAB code to to create image histogram and then perform histogram streaching without using MATLAB function for the same.
4. Write a MATLAB code to find the x and y direction gradient of an image.
5. Write a MATLAB code to apply an averaging and mean filter seperately on an image without using MATLAB functions for the same.
6. Write a MATLAB code to perform edge detection using Soble and Prewitt edge detection on an image.
7. Write a MATLAB code to draw a bounding rectangle with least possible area for four given points.
8. Introduction to OpenCV. Configuring OpenCV with Visual Studio IDE and reading and displaying an image.
9. Write an OpenCV code to perform colour conversion from RGB to grayscale and HSV.
10. Write an OpenCV code to perform image thresholding.
11. Write an OpenCV code to perform moments calculation for a thresholded image.
12. Write an OpenCV code to perform CAM-Shift algorithm.