ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING MATERIALS & SEMI-CONDUCTOR DEVICES LABORATORY
This laboratory introduces to the students about the V-I characteristics of basic semiconductor devices (like BJTs, Diodes, JFETS, UJTs) and power devices (like DIAC, SCRs) and their electronic applications. The experiments included in the curriculum are designed to demonstrate the theoretical concepts presented in the classroom to the students. Some additional value added experiments are also included in the end.
Working in the laboratory familiarizes the students with the basic electrical components, measuring instruments and provides hands on experience of working with workbench instruments like CROs, function generators and formation of circuits on the Breadboard.
The students are provided with a comprehensive Lab Manual, which is almost self explanatory. All the experiments are well documented with clear circuit diagrams, theory and procedures involved, so that the students are able to perform the experiments with ease and proper understanding.
LIST OF EXPERIMENTS
1. To study V-I characteristics of Zener diode.
2. To study V-I characteristics of P-N diode.
3. Study of the characteristics of transistor in common base configuration.
4. Study of the characteristics of transistor in common emitter configuration.
5. Study of the characteristics of MOSFET/JFET in CS configuration.
6. Study of the characteristics of FET in CD configuration.
7. To plot characteristics of thyristor.
8. To plot characteristics of UJT.
9. To plot characteristics of DIAC.
10. To plot characteristics of TRIAC.
VALUE ADDED EXPERIMENTS
1. Measurement of dielectric constant of a liquid.
2. Measurements of hall coefficient of a semiconductor material.
3. To study V-I characteristics of solar cell(P-N junction type).