Computer Science & Engineering : Program Highlights
Emerging/Futuristic Courses in line with Industry
Curriculum has been designed keeping in mind the industry needs and is thoroughly revised by all industry experts and academicians from IITs and JNU. Emerging courses like Data Analytics, Big Data, Cloud Computing and Cyber Security are given prime importance. MoUs with industry for placement, internships and live projects are in place.
A 100% placement record of eligible students from last many years in very good IT companies like Adobe, Deloitte, TCS, Ernst and Young, Nagarro, Orange, Amazon, British Telecom, Hindustan Times and so on.
Experienced and well qualified faculty
Majority of the faculty members hold a PhD degree from reputed universities like IITs, NITs, and JNU. This brings out the best in students and thus making their experience at NCU memorable.
Strong research groups with more than 40 research scholars pursuing their Ph.D in emerging areas like Machine Learning, Data Sciences, Image Processing, Speech Processing, Software Engineering, Cryptography etc. The dept. maintains a rich legacy of filed patents, sponsored projects from DST, Deity etc. and research papers in SCI/ Scopus indexed journals and conferences.
Holistic development of students
Strong emphasis on Context & project based learning through mini projects, tinkering lab, thought lab, industry visits, guest lectures, student activities & Leadership events, professional societies like Computer Society of India, Google Developer’s Club, ACM and incubation center.
Well maintained labs with all open source technologies and all latest tools and software. ICT facilities in labs and up to date computing equipment’s to support research and teaching activities including High Performance Computing Lab and CCNA Lab by CISCO.
Association with alumni
There is association with huge number of successful alumni working in key positions in companies like Mckinsey, Ernst and Young etc. and in Govt. depts. The alumni guides our students in their project work, internships and career and placements.
International tie ups
Collaboration with universities from US and Ireland for student and faculty exchange is another aspect we focus on. Faculty from abroad visits and conducts sessions for the students and our students spend one to two years in abroad working under the supervision of their faculty members.
Students regularly participate in international/national project competitions, thereby winning many awards like Google Summer of Code, Deloitte Collegiate Cyber Threat Competition, TCS EngiNX etc.
Full stack development is rapidly gaining pace as the “must-have” technical role in IT industry. It is ranked the second most popular developer occupation these days and will remain so in the foreseeable future. A Full stack web developer is the expert who works across all layers of software with companies relying on them to build, support and maintain their web applications. The Full Stack Development specialisation at the NorthCap University has been carefully designed to provide a sound foundation for a successful career in this critical role. With our industry partners, we’ve carefully crafted the ideal curriculum that sets a strong footing for a progressive carrier path in this field.The specialization is a mastering program which will help you become an expert at Front-end and Back-end technologies by employing the most popular JAM (Java, Angular and MongoDB) Stack. You will get the opportunity to solve non-trivial real time problems and learn to create complex Server and Client side web applications. You will learn to create web applications from the ground-up with the right engineering disciplines and methodologies in a corporate aligned culture with detailed emphasis on Dev-Ops and Agile (SCRUM) principles. Post this program you can start down one of the most in-demand profile and fast growing web development career paths. Number of job profile options will open and empower you to choose the most lucrative opportunities.
Learning out comes of this track:
- Knowledge of essential developers’ tools such as Git, Github and SCRUM for collaborative development.
- Strong foundation of both front end and backend programming for designing responsive web applications.
- Build multi-user web applications that employ the right engineering principles of modularity, scalability and maintainability
- In depth understanding of SQL, No-SQL and Graph databases. Applying the appropriate databases in different real time scenarios
- Applying the principles of CI/CD (Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment) using appropriate tool like Jenkins.
- Front end Developer
- UI / UX Developer
- Back-end Developer
- Angular Developer
- Java Developer
Data Science is the future of Artificial Intelligence. As the world entered the era of big data, the need for its storage also grew. It was the main challenge and concern for the enterprise industries until 2010. All the ideas which you see in Hollywood sci-fi movies can actually turn into reality by Data Science. Unlike data in the traditional systems which was mostly structured, today most of the data is unstructured or semi-structured. A Data Scientist, according to Harvard Business Review, “is a high-ranking professional with the training and curiosity to make discoveries in the world of Big Data”. Therefore it comes as no surprise that Data Scientists are coveted professionals in the Data Analytics and IT industry. With experts predicting that 40 zettabytes of data will be in existence by 2020, Data Science career opportunities will only shoot through the roof! Shortage of skilled professionals in a world which is increasingly turning to data for decision making has also led to the huge demand for Data Scientists in start-ups as well as well-established companies. A McKinsey Global Institute study states that by 2018, the US alone will face a shortage of about 190,000 professionals with deep analytical skills. This specialization aims towards increasing the employability of the students and caters for the current industry needs.
Learning out comes of this track:
- Student will be able to extract, transform and load data and use visualization techniques to derive actionable insights to positively influence a desirable outcome
- Student will be able to utilize statistical methods in the data driven decision making process
- Students will be able to use statistical methods to develop and maintain predictive models
- Student will be able to process large amounts of data using big data technologies
- Students will be able to leverage BI tools to develop business data processing and visualization pipelines
- Student will be able to create predictive models using AI and Machine Learning techniques
- Data Scientist
- Data Analyst
- Business Analyst
- Machine Learning Engineer
‘Cybersecurity Ventures’ projected that the cost of cyber-threats will rise to $6 trillion annually by 2021. It isn’t just the number of cyber security attacks that is increasing but the degree of these attacks is also on rise. According a PwC report, these attacks are “becoming progressively destructive and target a broadening array of information and attack vectors.”Increase in the prevalence of cybercrime attacks on business organizations, government infrastructures and individuals, has emphasized the importance of Cyber Security. In fact Cybersecurity is becoming an increasingly central facet of national security strategy. Both private and public sectors are relying on cyber security professionals to keep personal and professional information safe.A recent CSIS survey of IT decision makers across eight countries found that 82 percent of employers report a shortage of cyber security skills and 71 percent believe this talent gap causes direct and measurable damage to their organizations. Also Global Information Security Workforce Study reveals that the global cybersecurity workforce shortage would reach around 1.8 million unfilled positions. Specialization in Cyber Security will equip students with right set of skills to combat ever increasing cyber-crimes. Further, this specialization aims to enhance the value of graduate degree in terms of career advancement, higher income and increased job security.
Learning out comes of this track:By the end of this course, students will develop skills to:
- Design cyber security tools and security applications in the field of Information technology and security analysis
- Apply penetration testing to exploit and investigate vulnerable systems
- Forensically investigate Linux and Windows systems
- Carry out in-depth analysis of modern malware samples using Static and Dynamic analysis techniques
- Perform Quantitative and Qualitative risk assessment on the identified risk
- Web application security analyst
- Network security engineer
- Technical Security Analyst
- Cyber Forensic Investigator
- Information Security Consultant
Internet of Things (IoT) is the future of every-“THING”. It can be defined as a network that allows things around us to interconnect and talk to each other. We live in a smart world. Things around us are smart-smart watch, smart T.V, smart mobile and more. The future of IOT is vast. We can experience it from the minute we wake up. A Forbes study predicts the combined markets of the Internet of Things to grow to about $520 Billion in 2021, more than double the $235 Billion spent in 2017. IoT devices are becoming a part of the mainstream electronics culture and people are adopting smart devices into their homes faster than ever. By 2020, it is estimated that there will be up to 21 billion connected devices to the internet. IoT devices will be a huge part of how we interact with basic everyday objects. To accomplish this, what does Industry Need? Specialists who can offer solutions based on IoT. This Specialization covers the development of IoT products and services—including devices for sensing, actuation, processing and communication. This program aims to train students to be equipped with a solid theoretical foundation, systematic professional knowledge and strong practical skills in the fields of Web-technologies, embedded systems, communications protocols and collaborative intelligence which provide the foundations for a wide range of applications in the Internet of Things.Learning out comes of this track:Students will have:
- A solid grounding in the key technologies involved and how they are integrated to form complete IoT systems
- An understanding of how the Internet of Things fits within the wider context of the ICT industry
- Appreciate the role of big data, cloud computing and data analytics in a typical IoT system
- Ability to design simple IoT systems: comprising of sensors, edge devices, wireless network connections and data analytics capabilities
- Embedded systems engineers, Field application engineers, Development / Maintenance of IoT based electronic systems/software products
- Entrepreneur – Development of electronic gadgets / Solutions, based on IoT applications
- IoT Designer – Development of IoT based systems for smart cities, Intelligent transport systems, Intelligent building systems and environment monitoring & controlling
Learning out comes of this track:
Students will have:
- Design and produce projects that leverage game mechanics and learning styles to enhance the outcomes of applications such as training, medical, therapeutic, military or learning based environments.
- Prototype and complete original games/simulations for multiple platforms(XR) following the full game production pipeline
- Effectively articulate game design elements and mechanics across disciplines utilizing written and verbal communication skills that demonstrate visualizations representing data, real world entities, events and interactions
- Establish collaboration, mentorship, and professional leadership skills by working with other disciplines to deliver highly polished and completed projects
- Game Programmer
- A.I. Programmer
- Database Designer
- Middleware/ Tools Programmer
- Gameplay Programmer
- Game Developer