B.Tech - Mechanical Engineering (ME)
- B.Tech ME with specialization in Thermal Engineering – view details
- B.Tech ME with specialization in Mechanical Engineering Design – view details
- B.Tech ME with specialization in Industrial and Production Engineering – view details
- B.Tech ME with specialization in Automobile Engineering – view details
- B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering – view details
- M.Tech ME with specialization in Thermal Engineering – view details
- M.Tech ME with specialization in Mechanical Engineering Design – view details
- M.Tech in Mechanical Engineering – view details
- Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering – view details
- 10+2 (English Medium) examination conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education or equivalent examination from a recognized board in Science stream with an overall aggregate of minimum 60% . Must appear in JEE 2019.
- In case adequate students are not available in a discipline(s) a higher number can be filled in the discipline(s) which have a greater demand subject to the number of students not exceeding the total intake of all disciplines.
- 15% intake will be allocated for Children/Wards of NRI / International students. Unfilled seats in this category will be transferred to the resident Indian category and shall be filled on merit.
- Should seats still remain vacant, in any course, if at all, after exhausting the merit list of applicants of the National Test(s), seats may be filled on the basis of results in the qualifying examination subject to meeting the minimum
eligibility criteria specified.
Bachelor of Technology Lateral Entry (3 Years)
– Candidate should be among first 10% of the students qualifying the LEET (2019)exam of the state.
– Candidate should have studied his/her 10th/12th class in English medium
– Candidate should not be more than 24 age on 31st Dec. 2019
– Candidate should have passed Diploma in relevant branch of Engineering granted by the Board of Technical Examination of a State Government with at least 60% aggregate marks in the qualifying exam.
–Candidate should have obtained min 60% in 10th and/or in 12th(as the case may be)
60% weightage will be given to JEE 2019 Main (Paper – I) and 40% weightage will be given to the aggregate marks in English, Maths, Physics and Chemistry secured in 10+2 or equivalent.
If a candidate appears in JEE Mains 2019 Paper-1, held in January and April both, the better score shall be considered for the weightage
Bachelor of Technology Lateral Entry (3 Years)
Students will be selected as per the merit list prepared on the basis of marks in the State LEET exam and the marks obtained by the applicant in Diploma.
Weightage of these scores are 80% and 20% respectively.
|Branch & Seats||10% of the approved intake of CSE, ECE, ME and Civil|
For Year 2019-20
For Indian Students
For NRI Students
Hostel Fee (where applicable) Rs. 60000/- per semester
Admission Brochure 2019 – 20
For all B.Tech Admission related queries
Help line number +91 8448495100
9821314520 (Mr.Jag Parvesh Dahiya)
|EVENT / ACTIVITY||B.Tech|
|UPLOADING OF ADMISSION FORM, ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA, SELECTION PROCEDURE||10.02.2019|
|LAST DATE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION FORMS WITH SCANNED/ COPIES OF REQUIRED DOCUMENTS ONLINE/BYHAND / BY POST||08.06.2019|
|DISPLAY OF FIRST ADMISSION CUM MERIT LIST ON THE UNIVERSITY WEBSITE www.ncuindia.edu AND AT THE CAMPUS NOTICE BOARD||12.06.2019|
|LAST DATE FOR PAYMENT OF FIRST SEMESTER FEES FOR STUDENTS OFFERED ADMISSION IN FIRST LIST||20.06.2019|
|DISPLAY OF SECOND LIST AFTER DUE SLIDING||22.06.2019|
|LAST DATE FOR PAYMENT OF FIRST SEMESTER FEES FOR STUDENTS OFFERED ADMISSION IN SECOND LIST||28.06.2019|
|FINAL SLIDING LIST||01.07.2019|
|LAST DATE OF ADMISSION||15.07.2019|
|ORIENTATION OF ADMITTED STUDENTS||20.07.2019|
|COMMENCEMENT OF ACADEMIC SESSION||22.07.2019|
|START AND LAST DATE OF ADMISSION AGAINST VACANT / DROPOUT SEATS AFTER 10.07.2019||16.07.2019 TO 15.08.2019|
What are the Vision and Mission of the Mechanical Engineering Department?
Vision of Mechanical Engineering Department
To inculcate innovative thinking, quest for quality and desire for improving society with its human resource (i.e. faculty, students and technical staff) by providing excellent academic and professional environment conducive for teaching, learning, research, industrial engagement and co-curricular activities.
Mission statements of Mechanical Engineering Department
What are the unique features of Mechanical Engineering Department at NCU?
What are the programmes offered by Mechanical Engineering Department
The department offers following Programmes. Please click on them for more details.
Apart from academics, what are the avenues for personality and co-curricular development within the department?
In addition to many professional activities, technical festival, cultural festival, sports events and many student club activities organized by the NorthCap University, the Department of Mechanical Engineering has taken following additional initiatives for the co-curricular development of our students:
What kind of faculty does the department have?
The department is proud of the fact that almost all of our faculty members are from nationally and internationally reputed institutions/universities (like IITs). We ensure highest standards for our faculty and almost all our faculty members are either PhD or are pursuing PhD from intuitions/universities of national/international repute. Please click here to know more about our faculty members.
What are the laboratory facilities within the department?
The department has 27 laboratories in total. The department ensures that all its labs are updated every year. Its labs have well equipped advanced machines and equipments that provide the facilities for conducting the experiments and training for the students as per the market requirement. For example, the department’s highly advanced computational research lab has all important mechanical engineering softwares like ANSYS, Solidworks, Matlab, Autocad, Fluent (CFD) etc. These softwares help our students in gaining designing and other relevant skills with are required by the industry. This computational lab is fully networked and can be accessed by students and faculty members through their wi-fi enabled laptops provided by the institute. Its recently developed Center of Excellence in collaboration with Daikin Air conditioners Pvt Ltd. to ensure hands-on practical exposure for the students and help them acquire the new technologies being practiced in the air-conditioning industry. Its Mechanics lab. Developed in collaboration with Beijing Wave Spectrum Science Ltd. with an investment of about 0.5 crores is an example of eagerness of industry to associate with us. Its IC Engine lab (equipped with CRDi and other technologies) and its Robotics lab. are yet another examples of department’s eagerness to always remain upgraded with recent technologies. Please click here to look at the complete details of the labs in Mechanical Engineering Department. In order to assist our students, each lab has a dedicated and qualified lab staff.
What is the placement record of Mechanical Engineering Graduates?
We have an unmatched campus placement record of more than 90% placements of eligible students every year in prestigious companies with superior annual packages in companies like Maruti Suziki, CB&I, Daikin Air Conditioners, Denso, Subros, JBM group, Fluor, Sona etc.
The typical salary package of our graduates is from about 4 lacs to 7 lacs.