1. To equip students with knowledge, abilities and insight in mathematics and related fields.
2. To enable them to work as a mathematical professional, or qualify for training as scientific researcher.
3. To equip students with the ability to translate and synthesize their understanding towards nature, human and development.
4. To develop the ability to utilize the mathematical problem solving methods such as analysis, modeling, and programming and mathematical software applications in addressing the practical and heuristic issues.
5. To enable students to recognize the need for and the ability to engage in life-long learning