B.Tech CSE with specialization in Game Technology, Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality
In an industry known for constant change and innovation, Emerging Technologies like virtual reality (VR)/Augmented Reality (AR)/Mixed Reality (MR) stands out as a uniquely fascinating way to view content. Because gaming technology and practices have become a part of everyday life, there is a growing emergence of gaming-based technologies and interactions being embraced by mainstream businesses and organizations. What is it about computing/computer technology that excites us? It is the ability to convert an idea from our imagination and make it tangible, make it something with which we can see and interact. This Specialization prepares students to tell stories in a new way by taking design to a whole new level – in a virtual space. This program will provide graduates with a highly relevant skill set in Game Tech & immersive systems (Augmented and Virtual Reality) development and an understanding of how people and technology interact. Through the programme students will gain an understanding of major issues around application development for VR and AR alongside practical skills for creating engaging and immersive interactive experiences. Students will graduate with a portfolio of creative and technical work that has been completed to a professional standard.
Learning outcomes of this track:
Students will have:
- Design and produce projects that leverage game mechanics and learning styles to enhance the outcomes of applications such as training, medical, therapeutic, military or learning based environments.
- Prototype and complete original games/simulations for multiple platforms(XR) following the full game production pipeline
- Effectively articulate game design elements and mechanics across disciplines utilizing written and verbal communication skills that demonstrate visualizations representing data, real world entities, events and interactions
- Establish collaboration, mentorship, and professional leadership skills by working with other disciplines to deliver highly polished and completed projects
- Game Programmer
- A.I. Programmer
- Database Designer
- Middleware/ Tools Programmer
- Gameplay Programmer
- Game Developer
Prospective Companies for B.Tech CSE with specialization in Game Technology, AR and VR