National Service Scheme
Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports Government of India has vide their letter no. F.No P/14/NSS/RCD/112 dated 20 Feb 2015 accorded sanction to open Self Financing University (1 unit consist of 50-100 volunteers).
Aim and Objectives
The aims and objectives of the NSS are:-
- To render service by the students to the community in an educational institution;
- To arouse the social conscience among students;
- To provide students with an opportunity to work creatively and constructively with the community around the educational campus; and
- To put the education they receive to concrete social use;
- To engage in creative and constructive social action;
- To enhance knowledge of students and the community through a face to face with reality;
- To use the knowledge gained in the class room in a practical way for mitigating at least some of the social problems;
- To gain skills in programme development to be able to be self-employed. The goals are to achieve improvement in personality, leadership potential, national outlook and a sense of civic responsibility.
The motto of the NSS is ‘NOT ME BUT YOU’. This expresses the essence of democratic living and upholds the need to appreciate the other man’s point of view first and to show consideration for fellow human beings. It also underlines that the welfare of the individual is ultimately dependent on the welfare of society as a whole. NSS attempts to establish meaningful linkages between “Campus and Community”, “College and Village” and “Knowledge and Action”.
NSS at the North Cap University
The broad activities specified by the NSS in its charter are currently being done by our students in the Yukti & enactus. Therefore the present Yukti & enactus, students will be advised enroll themselves as NSS volunteers. Student’s volunteers explained about the numerous benefits as NSS volunteers. Dr Jyotsna Singh Assistant Professor of CSE & IT Department is nominated as the programme co-ordinator.