The Institution of Engineers (IEI)
The Institution of Engineers (India) [IEI] is a statutory body to promote and advance the engineering and technology, established in 1920 and incorporated by Royal Charter in 1935.
It is the largest multi-disciplinary professional body of engineers encompassing 15 (fifteen) engineering disciplines with a membership of more than 820 thousand and serving the nation for more than 9 decades.
The IEI has its headquarters located in Kolkata with national presence through more than hundred Centres and several Overseas Chapters, Foras and Organ. IEI has been recognized as Scientific and Industrial Research Organization by the Ministry of Science & Technology, Govt. of India and besides conducting its own research, provides Grant-in-Aid to UG/PG/ PhD students of Engineering Institutes & Universities.
The Institution of Engineers (India) is a first professional body to represent India in several International Bodies, such as the World Mining Congress (WMC), the World Federation of Engineering Organizations (WFEO), the Commonwealth Engineers’ Council (CEC), the Federation International du Beton (fib), and the Federation of Engineering Institutions of South and Central Asia (FEISCA).
IEI holds the International Professional Engineers (IntPE) Register for India under the global International Professional Engineers Alliance (IntPEA). The Institution also wards the Professional Engineers (PE) Certification.
IEI, in collaboration with Springer, regularly publishes peer-reviewed international journal in five series, covering fifteen engineering disciplines.
Objectives of ‘IEI’:
- To promote the general advancement of engineering and their application
- Grant certificate of competency for practice of Engineering Profession
- Arrange and promote for settlement of disputes in Engineering by arbitration and act as or nominate arbitrators
- Confer to the Government and other bodies the views regarding matters directly or indirectly affecting the Engineering profession
- Promote study of Engineering through R & D activities and grants
- Encourage elevate and recognise the technical knowledge and practice of individuals and organizations through scholarships, awards and other benefaction
- Pioneer in providing Non-formal Engineering Education (popularly known as AMIE Exam) in India
- Dissemination and updating of engineering and technological knowledge among its members, through Technical Activities
- Inculcating and promoting amongst engineers and technologists a growing commitment to the social objectives of the profession
Ms. Neeti Kashyap
Ms. Mehak Khurana